I found this in a potato cookbook I picked up in a thrift shop and adapted it a little to suit our tastes. It's a great side for a BBQ in the colder weather.
- 6 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 -6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon mustard (I use 2 tsp Dijon mustard)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 250 g low-fat sour cream
- 4 slices bacon, chopped and cooked
- 1⁄4 cup milk (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender; drain and cool.
- Combine potatoes, eggs, bacon, parsley and spring onions in a casserole dish.
- Combine sour cream, mustard and black pepper and then mix through potato mixture, if mixture needs more moisture then add a little milk.
- Cover and bake at 180°C for 15-20 minutes, then sprinkle with cheese and grill until golden.