1/2 Photos of Potato Egg Casserole a La Hot Potato Salad
I found this in a potato cookbook I picked up in a thrift shop and adapted it a little to suit our tastes. It's a great side for a BBQ in the colder weather.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 -6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon mustard (I use 2 tsp Dijon mustard)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 250 g low-fat sour cream
- 4 slices bacon, chopped and cooked
- 1/4 cup milk (optional)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender; drain and cool.
- 2Combine potatoes, eggs, bacon, parsley and spring onions in a casserole dish.
- 3Combine sour cream, mustard and black pepper and then mix through potato mixture, if mixture needs more moisture then add a little milk.
- 4Cover and bake at 180°C for 15-20 minutes, then sprinkle with cheese and grill until golden.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Egg Casserole a La Hot Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.2
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 177.7 mg
- Sodium 266.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 14.0 g