I found this in a potato cookbook I picked up in a thrift shop and adapted it a little to suit our tastes. It's a great side for a BBQ in the colder weather.
- 6 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 -6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon mustard (I use 2 tsp Dijon mustard)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 250 g low-fat sour cream
- 4 slices bacon, chopped and cooked
- 1⁄4 cup milk (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender; drain and cool.
- Combine potatoes, eggs, bacon, parsley and spring onions in a casserole dish.
- Combine sour cream, mustard and black pepper and then mix through potato mixture, if mixture needs more moisture then add a little milk.
- Cover and bake at 180°C for 15-20 minutes, then sprinkle with cheese and grill until golden.
wonderful !! the family loved it !the only change I made was I used cheddar jack cheese cause that was what I had on hand. Will deff make it again thanks for the recipe!
I did half the recipe and used 2 hard-boiled eggs. I used regular mustard. I liked it. I used fat-free sour cream. I didn't have to add milk. They taste like twice-baked potatoes. It's very good. And I tasted it cold after taking the photo. I'm wondering if I should eat this cold or warm tomorrow for my lunch. Thanks Mandy. Made for ZWT4
Fabulous! It's very tasty. I used the 6 hard boiled eggs and the 2 tsp Dijon mustard. My potatoes were rather large, so I needed some extra sour cream. Thanx for sharing. I just know that this will be a big hit at many future picnic/potlucks!