I was once asked to cater a tea party. I made 4 beautiful quiches and had this pie as a "back-up" dish. When all was said and done. We had quiche left overs, but no potato egg pie. Isn't that just always the way? Go figure.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups seasoned mashed potatoes
- 4 hardboiled egg, sliced
- 2 tablespoons crisp bacon, crumbled (pleeze! the recipe calls for 2 T. but we often add more... well... MUCH more. So add bacon to taste.)
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1Preheat oven to 400*.
- 2Over medium heat melt butter then blend in flour, salt and pepper.
- 3Slowly mix in milk, stirring continually until mixture is thick and bubbly.
- 4Remove from heat- set aside.
- 5Line bottom and sides of a greased 9 inch pie plate with half the potatoes.
- 6Into the shell layer eggs, bacon, parsley, cheese and white sauce.
- 7Cover with remaining potatoes.
- 8Brush the top of the pie with 2 tablespoons of milk.
- 9Bake for 20 minutes or until top is browned.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Egg Pie
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.4
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 219.9 mg
- Sodium 971.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 12.6 g