Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I was once asked to cater a tea party. I made 4 beautiful quiches and had this pie as a "back-up" dish. When all was said and done. We had quiche left overs, but no potato egg pie. Isn't that just always the way? Go figure.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 cups seasoned mashed potatoes
- 4 hardboiled egg, sliced
- 2 tablespoons crisp bacon, crumbled (pleeze! the recipe calls for 2 T. but we often add more... well... MUCH more. So add bacon to taste.)
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Over medium heat melt butter then blend in flour, salt and pepper.
- Slowly mix in milk, stirring continually until mixture is thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat- set aside.
- Line bottom and sides of a greased 9 inch pie plate with half the potatoes.
- Into the shell layer eggs, bacon, parsley, cheese and white sauce.
- Cover with remaining potatoes.
- Brush the top of the pie with 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until top is browned.