From Food & Drink - the best of the decade, this "crustless quiche" or "flat omlette"is good for breakfast, lunch, brunch or a light dinner!! You can vary the fillings - leek & bacon, smoked salmon & chives, use your imagination - but the method stays the same.
- Heat oil& 1 tbsp of the butter in a 10 inch skillet over medium heat.
- Add potatoes& saute until brown& tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with rosemary, season with salt& pepper and reserve in a bowl.
- Wipe out skillet.
- Wash& stem spinach; place in saucepan on medium heat.
- Cover& steam until spinach is tender, about 2 minutes.
- Place in colander& cool slightly; squeeze out all excess water& chop.
- Stir eggs, cream, cheese, chives, salt& pepper in a large bowl.
- Add potatoes& spinach.
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Place skillet over medium-low heat& add last tbsp of butter.
- When melted, add egg mixture.
- Cook slowly until bottom is set, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- The top will be slightly liquid.
- Place skillet under broiler until top is just set.
- Turn onto a serving platter& cut into wedges.