1/2 Photos of Potato, Spinach & Chive Frittata
From Food & Drink - the best of the decade, this "crustless quiche" or "flat omlette"is good for breakfast, lunch, brunch or a light dinner!! You can vary the fillings - leek & bacon, smoked salmon & chives, use your imagination - but the method stays the same.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil& 1 tbsp of the butter in a 10 inch skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add potatoes& saute until brown& tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- 3Sprinkle with rosemary, season with salt& pepper and reserve in a bowl.
- 4Wipe out skillet.
- 5Wash& stem spinach; place in saucepan on medium heat.
- 6Cover& steam until spinach is tender, about 2 minutes.
- 7Place in colander& cool slightly; squeeze out all excess water& chop.
- 8Stir eggs, cream, cheese, chives, salt& pepper in a large bowl.
- 9Add potatoes& spinach.
- 10Preheat broiler to high.
- 11Place skillet over medium-low heat& add last tbsp of butter.
- 12When melted, add egg mixture.
- 13Cook slowly until bottom is set, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- 14The top will be slightly liquid.
- 15Place skillet under broiler until top is just set.
- 16Turn onto a serving platter& cut into wedges.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato, Spinach & Chive Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.2
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 579.2 mg
- Sodium 340.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 24.9 g