1/4 Photos of Power Oatmeal With Blueberries and Flax
Brooke the Cook in WI's Note:
The name says it all! I've been on a major oatmeal kick lately and wanted to create something that had just enough protein AND still very tasty! I use half a serving of Syntax Vanilla Bean protein powder with this recipe which has 12g of protein, as that is plenty of protein at one time for me - 1/2 a scoop measures a slightly heaping 1/8 cup. Your 'scoop' might be different sized - if you change the volume of the powder, you'll need to adjust the water accordingly. Don't skip the flaxmeal, I think its really important for the texture and flavor! I think you could use frozen blueberries, although I haven't tried it, just be sure to return your oatmeal to the microwave after adding them to warm them up. I usually don't add sugar or milk to my oatmeal and didn't include them in the recipe, but feel free to do so.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine oats, flax and cinnamon. Add water and mix well. Don't add the protein powder or it will become overcooked-yick!
- 2Microwave for one minute. **Microwave times given are for a 1300wt microwave, you will probably need more time if you have a smaller wattage microwave.**.
- 3Remove bowl from microwave and stir in protein powder.
- 4Return to microwave and set timer for 2 minutes, stirring every 20-30 seconds until your desired consistency is reached. *Watch carefully because the protein powder will puff and you don't want a mess!
- 5Add blueberries and stir - I like warm blueberries so I return the bowl to the microwave for another 15-20 seconds.
- 6Sprinkle with a little cinnamon.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Power Oatmeal With Blueberries and Flax
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.9
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vanilla protein powder