This reportedly was eaten by President Nixon. Adapted from CD Kitchen. Enjoy!
Make and share this President Nixon's Diet Special recipe from Food.com.
- lettuce leaf, washed and well dried
- 1 scoop low fat cottage cheese
- 4 rye crisps (or Triscuits or crackers of choice)
- 1 hard-boiled egg, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 fresh tomato, cut into wedges
- 1⁄4 cucumber, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced (or red bell pepper)
- 1⁄4 fresh pineapple, diced
- 1⁄2 fresh peach, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 fresh papaya, peeled and sliced
- Arrange lettuce on plate.
- Mound cottage cheese in center.
- Set crackers around edges.
- Place the egg, vegetables or fruits around the outside of the cottage cheese in a circle.
Pretty salad! I looked like I was spoiling myself for lunch yesterday at work :) I shredded the lettuce for easier eating and added a couple of celery sticks. Thank you Sharon!! Tagged for ELECTION EATS 2008.
Loved this for lunch, actually breakfast, or anytime this is so tasty! And such an great addition to any salad plate...I followed this exactly except the addition of some cooked shrimp (needed to be used up) and a couple of radishes I pulled from the garden. This is the type of salad that certainly stands the test of time, and other then the addition of salt & pepper to taste, it needed nothing else added. I chose the vegetable method of adding 1% cottage cheese, and actually wished I had some pineapple. This is wonderful Sharon, and the memories of the *Nixon* years were indeed unforgettable, as this salad is also unforgettable, yummy! Thank you Sharon ~ Made for *Please Review My Recipe* Fall 2008.