1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is a beautiful presentation for an omelet. It doesn't look like scrambled eggs! Try with you favorite filling and toppings
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, let egg whites warm to room temperature about 1 hour.
- 2Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 3On high, beat egg whites with mixer with cream of tartar just until stiff peaks form when beaters are slowly raised.
- 4In small bowl, using the same beaters, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored.
- 5Add salt, pepper, and milk gradually, beat until well combined.
- 6With a wire whisk or rubber spatula gently fold egg yolk mixture into the egg whites just until combined.
- 7Slowly heat a 9-10" heavy skillet with heat resistant handle, or an omelet pan.
- 8(To test temperature sprinkle a little cold water on skillet. Water should sizzle and roll off in drops).
- 9Add butter and oil; heat until it sizzles briskly-it should not brown.
- 10Tilt pan to coat side with butter mixture.
- 11Spread egg mixture evenly in pan; cook over low heat, without stirring, until lightly browned on underside-about 10 minutes.
- 12Transfer skillet to oven, bake 10-12 minutes or until top seems firm when gently pressed with fingertip.
- 13To serve, fold omelet in half.
- 14Turn out onto heated serving platter.
- 15Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puffy Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.3
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 301.6 mg
- Sodium 581.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 9.8 g