Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 10 mins
This is a beautiful presentation for an omelet. It doesn't look like scrambled eggs! Try with you favorite filling and toppings
- In a large bowl, let egg whites warm to room temperature about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- On high, beat egg whites with mixer with cream of tartar just until stiff peaks form when beaters are slowly raised.
- In small bowl, using the same beaters, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored.
- Add salt, pepper, and milk gradually, beat until well combined.
- With a wire whisk or rubber spatula gently fold egg yolk mixture into the egg whites just until combined.
- Slowly heat a 9-10" heavy skillet with heat resistant handle, or an omelet pan.
- (To test temperature sprinkle a little cold water on skillet. Water should sizzle and roll off in drops).
- Add butter and oil; heat until it sizzles briskly-it should not brown.
- Tilt pan to coat side with butter mixture.
- Spread egg mixture evenly in pan; cook over low heat, without stirring, until lightly browned on underside-about 10 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven, bake 10-12 minutes or until top seems firm when gently pressed with fingertip.
- To serve, fold omelet in half.
- Turn out onto heated serving platter.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.