1/2 Photos of Pumpkin Ginger Muffins
This recipe is from the Brass Lantern Inn in Searsport, Maine. I love the snap of the crystalized ginger
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger (non-sulphured)
- 1In large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves.
- 2Beat the margarine, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a medium-sized bowl until light and fluffy.
- 3Beat in the egg and pumpkin.
- 4Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk, blending well.
- 5Fold in the chopped ginger.
- 6Fill paper-lined or greased muffin pans three fourths full.
- 7Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Ginger Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (765 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.2
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 320.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: