1/4 Photos of Purple Oatmeal
This is so easy, delicious & healthy! We tried this with raspberries & didn't like it as much. I found this on a vegetarian website & made a few minor adjustments. Enjoy! Your cholesterol levels will thank you, lol.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring water to a rapid boil.
- 2Stir in oats, lemon zest, cinnamon, flaxseed, & nutmeg. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it is the consistency you like.
- 3Add blueberries & cook 5 minutes longer. Add walnuts, shut off the heat, put the lid on & let stand 5 minutes.
- 4Serve & enjoy! We do sprinkle a little vanilla sugar on ours. ;).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Purple Oatmeal
Serving Size: 1 (1754 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.4
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of