1/3 Photos of Purple Velvet Pancakes (All Natural!)
Ms. Kilroy's Note:
Put a twist to your Saturday morning breakfast! I discovered this recipe accidentally while preparing brunch for my boyfriend... they are sooo yummy! I made a colourful plate for him and have a very happy boyfriend :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift dry ingredients together.
- 2In a large bowl, beat egg till fluffy using a wisk or fork.
- 3Add vanilla bean and continue beating until the vanilla seeds visibly changes the colour of the egg. Remove remainder of vanilla bean.
- 4Little by little add milk, dry ingredients, and melted butter by the tablespoon while continuing mixing.
- 5Fold in the strawberries, lemon rind, and juice. Watch the batter turn purple.
- 6Heat a non-stick (teflon) pan on medium. (It is the right heat when you drop some water on the hot dry pan and see it "dance" for a few seconds before it evaporates.) Add 1-2 tablespoons of canola oil for frying each time.
- 7Use a disher style ice cream scoop, scoop pancake batter for frying. Turn over with wooden spoon when lumpy bubbles are all over the pancake.
- 8Serving suggestion: I topped mine with fresh strawberries, kiwi, mangoes, and chocolate syrup. Try also berry jam or ice cream, and finish with unsweetened tea or coffee.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Purple Velvet Pancakes (All Natural!)
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.1
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 149.0 mg
- Sodium 2379.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 15.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: