This recipe courtesy of Southern Living Magazine, February 2002. It also doubles easily for a crowd.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk or 1 tablespoon half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract or 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Unroll crescent rolls, and separate each dough portion along center perforation to form 4 rectangles; press diagonal perforations to seal.
- Stir together butter and next 4 ingredients; spread evenly over 1 side of each rectangle.
- Roll up jellyroll fashion, starting at long end.
- Gently cut each log into 6 (1-inch-thick) slices, using a serrated knife.
- Place rolls, 1/4 inch apart, into 2 (8-inch) greased cakepans.
- Bake at 375° for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden.
- Cool 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir together powdered sugar and remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle over warm rolls.
- Note: To make slicing easier, place unbaked rolls on baking sheet, and freeze for 10 minutes.