Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great Sunday morning brunch breakfast, and a different change from the usual bacon and eggs. This recipe can also can be baked in one casserole dish if desired, just bake a little longer. Please adjust the cheese, green onions, salt and pepper to taste.
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter 4 individual 1-cup shallow baking dishes or one medium-size baking dish.
- Cook bacon in a large frypan, until crisp; drain.
- Reserve about 3-4 tablespoons bacon drippings.
- Fry hash brown potatoes in the bacon drippings until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Divide potatoes evenly in the bottom of the prepared baking dishes or dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese, then with bacon.
- In a bowl, beat together eggs, baking powder, milk and green onions; pour evenly into dishes.
- Bake uncovered for about 20-25 minutes, or until set.
Like other reviewers, I think this recipe could use a little tuning up with additional ingredients. As posted, the recipe is very bland. Serving it with salsa helped but if I made this again, I would add sauteed onion, spicier sausage or whatever to give it a little lift.
This was perfect for brunch this morning. I had one lonely tomato in the fridge that wanted to be made into something, so I chopped it up and added it to the eggs. I think mushrooms will go nicely in our next batch, and I'd also like to try making this in a dutch oven as well. This egg dish is light and fluffy, yet filling. Another keeper ... thank you Kittencal :)
Tried this for a quick dinner.. it was marvelous.. just "enough" work for us seniors.. so delicious!