1/1 Photo of Reduced Sugar Blueberry Muffins
One for the diabetics. I adapted this from a recipe on Splenda's web site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsalted butter or 4 ounces margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar substitute (Splenda or similar)
- 2 1/2 ounces honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 1/2 ounces skim milk or 4 1/2 ounces low-fat milk
- 8 ounces fresh blueberries or 8 ounces frozen blueberries
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Line 12 to 14 muffin cups with paper liners.
- 3Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- 4Beat together butter or margarine, sugar substitute, and honey with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- 5Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- 6Stir in vanilla.
- 7Alternately stir in flour mixture and milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- 8Fold in berries.
- 9Spoon batter into paper lined muffin cups, and bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes.
- 10Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- 11Remove from pan.
- 12Cool completely on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Reduced Sugar Blueberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.5
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 55.7 mg
- Sodium 225.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 4.1 g