1/4 Photos of Rustic Wheat Cinnamon Raisin Bread
2 hrs 55 mins
2 hrs 35 mins
Brooke the Cook in WI's Note:
I looked and looked for a cinnamon raisin bread with wheat flour that wasn't for the ABM and couldn't find one.... so I made my own! Makes a very large loaf or two small loaves. **NOTE** This recipe calls for instant yeast! If you use regular active yeast, you will need to adjust the amount of yeast, your dough will take longer to raise, the water temperature will need to be reduced and method of mixing should include proofing the yeast before adding it to the mixture. Both poor reviews came when reviewer used active yeast - I suggest only using instant yeast unless you are an experienced bread maker (I am not, thus why I use the instant yeast, its much more forgiving).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In your mixer, combine 1 1/2 cup bread flour, yeast, cinnamon, and salt.
- 2Heat water, honey and maple syrup in a saucepan over low heat until it reaches 120-130 degrees.
- 3Using low speed, slowly add water mixture to flour mixture. Mix on medium speed until there are no lumps, about 2-3 minutes.
- 4With your mixer on low speed, add wheat flour and oatmeal half a cup at a time. Then add remaining bread flour half a cup at a time until dough clears the side of the bowl. Dough will be sticky.
- 5Turn onto a floured surface and knead until dough is smooth (apx 5 minutes) adding the raisins as you go along. Add more flour 1 tablespoon at a time as necessary.
- 6Turn into oiled bowl and flip dough so that top of dough is oiled. Cover and let rise until double, approximately 60-90 minutes.
- 7Using lightly oiled hands, turn out dough and shape into 2 small round loaves and place on greased baking sheet OR 1 large loaf and place in 9x5 bread ban, cover and let rise 60-90 minutes.
- 8If you like a softer crust, brush tops of loaves with oil.
- 9Preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake for 40-45 minutes. Check bread after 30 minutes and cover with foil if its getting too dark on top. If making two smaller loaves, they may be done sooner.
- 10Remove bread from pans and cool completely on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rustic Wheat Cinnamon Raisin Bread
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.1
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 148.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar-free maple syrup