This is a nice change of pace for breakfast. Easy to make and leftovers are great reheated in the microwave. This can also be made ahead of time and refrigerated until time to cook. From the Glenelly Inn & Cottages with some minor alterations to fit our taste.
- Layer the monterey jack cheese, cottage cheese and salsa evenly in a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs and buttermilk and pour over cheese-salsa mixture.
- Bake at 425 degrees for about 1 hour until it sets in the middle and is golden brown on top.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into serving pieces.
- Variations: Add 1 to 2 corn tortillas torn into bite-size pieces for an even more filling dish.
- This can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated until time to cook. (Bring to room temperature first).