My husband loves this for breakfast in the morning, heated up in the microwave from the freezer. They are wonderful right out of the oven too!
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Cut butter into the bowl, mixing it up until it looks a little like meal.
- Stir in the cheese and sausage.
- Combine buttermilk and egg white together with a whisk.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients until just moist.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 4-5 times with floured hands. Note: The dough will be sticky.
- Pat dough into two 8-inch circles on prepared baking sheet (spray with cooking spray).
- Cut dough into 8 wedges, cutting into but not all the way through the dough like a pie.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cut wedges all the way through and wrap individually.
- Put in a ziplock bag and freeze.
- To Reheat: take wedge out of wrapping and place in the microwave 30-50 seconds until warm.