1/2 Photos of Sausage and Cheese Scones for Your Freezer
My husband loves this for breakfast in the morning, heated up in the microwave from the freezer. They are wonderful right out of the oven too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Cut butter into the bowl, mixing it up until it looks a little like meal.
- 3Stir in the cheese and sausage.
- 4Combine buttermilk and egg white together with a whisk.
- 5Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients until just moist.
- 6Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 4-5 times with floured hands. Note: The dough will be sticky.
- 7Pat dough into two 8-inch circles on prepared baking sheet (spray with cooking spray).
- 8Cut dough into 8 wedges, cutting into but not all the way through the dough like a pie.
- 9Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 11Cut wedges all the way through and wrap individually.
- 12Put in a ziplock bag and freeze.
- 13To Reheat: take wedge out of wrapping and place in the microwave 30-50 seconds until warm.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage and Cheese Scones for Your Freezer
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.2
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 23.4 mg
- Sodium 343.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 7.5 g