Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a super easy and delicious brunch dish. I found it on Epicurious.com. I made it this weekend and doubled it. I also used cubed hash browns instead of shredded and did not use a glass pan. I think I would add to the cooking time by 5-10 minutes to accomodate these changes. I also omitted the green onion and suggest using O'Brien potatoes as a variation. Everyone loved this. I reheated leftovers the next day and added eggs which was another tasty concoction.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Butter a 8x8 glass pan.
- Cook sausage until browned, breaking up into small pieces.
- Add flour to sausage, then milk.
- Stir until mixture comes to a boil and thickens, about 5 min.
- Arrange potatoes in prepared dish (no need to thaw).
- Top with 1/3 of onions, 1 C.
- of cheese, 1/3 of onions, sausage mixture and remaining 1/4 of cheese.
- Bake uncovered until potatoes are tender, about 45 min.
- Sprinkle with remaining onions and serve.