This is a super easy and delicious brunch dish. I found it on Epicurious.com. I made it this weekend and doubled it. I also used cubed hash browns instead of shredded and did not use a glass pan. I think I would add to the cooking time by 5-10 minutes to accomodate these changes. I also omitted the green onion and suggest using O'Brien potatoes as a variation. Everyone loved this. I reheated leftovers the next day and added eggs which was another tasty concoction.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350*.
- 2Butter a 8x8 glass pan.
- 3Cook sausage until browned, breaking up into small pieces.
- 4Add flour to sausage, then milk.
- 5Stir until mixture comes to a boil and thickens, about 5 min.
- 6Arrange potatoes in prepared dish (no need to thaw).
- 7Top with 1/3 of onions, 1 C.
- 8of cheese, 1/3 of onions, sausage mixture and remaining 1/4 of cheese.
- 9Bake uncovered until potatoes are tender, about 45 min.
- 10Sprinkle with remaining onions and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage and Potato Breakfast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.7
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 61.3 mg
- Sodium 426.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 15.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: