Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
THE BEST quesadillas!!! These are very popular with my family and we have them for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack. The recipe is easily doubled or tripled for the freezer and microwaved later. The melting cheese....yum, yum!
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage (breakfast bulk)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inch)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- sour cream
- Fry sausage until browned and crumble into small pieces.
- Melted butter on a griddle or skillet. Place tortillas on top of melted butter on low heat.
- Place crumbled sausage by teaspoonfuls on one-half of tortillas. Sprinkle cheese on top of sausage. Fold tortilla in half.
- Press with fork to allow heat to melt cheese inside and cook approximately 3 minutes for on each side until light brown. Lift to a serving dish.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa while hot. For OAMC: When cool, place in ziploc bags and place in freezer. Remove later and microwave.
I made this with turkey sausage patties and it was delicious! Very easy! I didn't have any sour cream or salsa on hand but I'm sure this would of made it even more tasty! Thanks for a nice breakfast!
Yum!! I haven't tried reheating these yet, but I tried one made fresh and it was delish. I made the diet version - using turkey sausage, light cheese, and fat free tortillas. I omitted the butter and it was still wonderful. Thank you for sharing - will update when I reheat! :)
We had a great breakfast for dinner! :) The turkey sausage came in a package that was 3/4 pound, so I was able to make 10 quesadillas. This was very easy to throw together after a long day at work and we just served them with some fresh fruit. Also, I didn't use butter. Made for Ramadan Tag. Thanks! :)