My grandma and dad made this in the family restaurant..way before we knew how bad it was for us. It is really great for a treat, though..especially over biscuits. The amounts are approximate..I never have measured..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1brown and crumble the italian and pork sausage in a big pot.
- 2Cook and crumble the bacon and add to the pot with some of the drippings.
- 3Add the butter or margarine if there is not a lot of grease.
- 4DO NOT DRAIN.
- 5Add the flour to the pan with the sausage to make a sort of roux.
- 6Cook over medium low for about 5-10 minutes.
- 7Add the milk and cook for about 10-15 minutes until thick.
- 8Thin with milk as needed.
- 9Season with some of the ham base, salt, and pepper as you desire.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for sausage gravy for a crowd
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.0
- Calories from Fat 431
- Total Fat 47.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 126.7 mg
- Sodium 1063.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 25.3 g