Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My grandma and dad made this in the family restaurant..way before we knew how bad it was for us. It is really great for a treat, though..especially over biscuits. The amounts are approximate..I never have measured..
- brown and crumble the italian and pork sausage in a big pot.
- Cook and crumble the bacon and add to the pot with some of the drippings.
- Add the butter or margarine if there is not a lot of grease.
- DO NOT DRAIN.
- Add the flour to the pan with the sausage to make a sort of roux.
- Cook over medium low for about 5-10 minutes.
- Add the milk and cook for about 10-15 minutes until thick.
- Thin with milk as needed.
- Season with some of the ham base, salt, and pepper as you desire.