Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This reminds me alot of Bananas Foster. It goes really well with breakfast, and is very simple and easy. Kids love them.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 bananas, sliced
- Melt butter. Dissolve cornstarch in water. Add to skillet. Add brown sugar and raisins.
- Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, add lemon juice.
- Slice bananas and stir into mixture. Serve immediately. (Do not cook the bananas.).
Yum! I had this over ice cream tonight, but I'll try to heat the leftovers up tomorrow for breakfast over oatmeal. Loved this! I agree that this would be a wonderful topping for French Toast. Thanks for sharing your wonderful recipe!
Mmm desert for breakfast. This recipe really can pull double duty as a desert or for breakfast as a topping to French toast. Made as written cutting down to serve one and served over mine and DH's oatmeal this morning. We both loved this and both of us thought would be really good on French toast. Thanks so much for the post.
I made this recipe for the Caribbean Dessert Challenge for ZWT5..I really enjoyed the addition of raisins; sered it on vanillla ice cream. Thank you for posting. My second time trying to review. Rita