1/20 Photos of Scrambled Eggs With Fines Herbes and Tomatoes
This is Wolfgang Puck's recipe from the Food network. I had some home grown tomatoes, and thought this would be a great breakfast, and it was! I did increase the quantity of fresh herbs, but you can reduce those to be more like his recipe. I also subbed creme fraiche for his heavy creme.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons fresh herbs, finely chopped (I used parsley, tarragon and chives)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons creme fraiche (or heavy creme)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, diced, and drained (home grown are best)
- 1Break the eggs into a large mixing bowl, reserving 2 yolks in a smaller separate bowl. Add the herbs (reserving a little for garnishing), salt and pepper to the large bowl of eggs. Mix with a whisk.
- 2In the smaller bowl of egg yolks, whisk in the mustard and creme fraiche. Mix well.
- 3Melt the butter in a large skillet. When melted, add the large bowl of eggs and cook, stirring constantly, until creamy and just barely thickened.
- 4Add the yolk mixture and the tomatoes to the skillet. Stir once or twice to incorporate, and remove from the heat. They will continue to cook off the heat.
- 5Prepare the plate, serve the eggs garnished with some of the herbs.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scrambled Eggs With Fines Herbes and Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.7
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 392.4 mg
- Sodium 626.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 13.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: