From Recipe Magazine April 2009 - sounds and looks like a perfect breakfast for a diabetic (protien and veg. and if you want/need the carb add a slice of toast). I have changed the recipe a little - they cooked the egg/omelet first and then the veg but thought it was better to cook the veg first and keep warm in the oven. They also recommended the use of mixed frozen vegies, thawed especially if you can get them at a discounted price.
My Private Note
vegie o ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (toasted)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 50 g oyster mushrooms (thinly sliced, think small buttons would work o'kay)
- 1/4 medium red capsicum (bell pepper thinly sliced)
- 40 g snow peas (trimmed and thinly sliced)
- 2 green onions (spring onions or scallions green part only thinly sliced on the diagonal)
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts
- 1 -2 tablespoon oyster sauce (recommend you have at room temperature if you keep in the fridge)
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves (optional, personally would omit, don't like)
- 1 fresh chili pepper (deseeded and finely sliced) (optional)
- 1Put 1 teaspoon of sesame oil in a skillet or wok and swirl to coat.
- 2Stir fry mushrooms, capsicum, snow peas and onion for 1 to 2 minutes or until vegies are tender, add bean sprouts and stir through.
- 3Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- 4Whisk eggs, sesame seeds and 2 tablespoons water in a jug.
- 5Heat 1 tablespoons sesame oil in a wok or skillet over moderately high heat.
- 6Add egg and tilt to cover the base and sides, cooking for 3 minutes or until just set.
- 7Transfer to plate, add vegetable to half of omelet and fold other half over, drizzle with oyster sauce (you may wish to warm in the microwave first) and top with coriander and chilli if using.
- 8Serve with jasmine or green tea if your like.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Vegie Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.7
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 423.0 mg
- Sodium 651.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 18.8 g