This is a great camping or campfire recipe. I also make this at home as I had this breakfast at an old time family run restaurant. I couldn't get the recipe but this tastes close and DH said it is great. You can sub in ingredients that you normally would use or follow the recipe. I like the versatility. I have made it several ways now so will list some varied ingredients at the end. This is an easy recipe to make into a 1 person or 10 person recipe. I imagine it could also be made larger but I have yet to do more than 10 guests for breakfast since making this.
- 4 eggs
- 59.14 ml milk
- 118.29 ml shredded cheese (I used provolone or cheddar- but your choice)
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 236.59 ml shredded cooked potatoes or 236.59 ml home fries
- 118.29 ml diced onion
- 118.29 ml diced bell pepper (green, red, or yellow, or mixed)
- 236.59 ml salsa (heat is your choice) (optional)
- In a bowl whisk eggs, milk, and cayenne and black peppers together.
- In the meantime--In heated and oiled (medium heat) skillet put potatoes, green peppers and onions and let warm about 5 minutes.
- Pour egg mixture over potatoes and let cook a minute or two til beginning to set. Fold over eggs ( a soft scramble).
- Add in cheese, I just sprinkle over top, Let melt over egg mixture and then fold over a time or two.
- Put onto warmed plates and serve with salsa.
- diced ham, cooked sausage, leftover steak or chicken, polish or italian sausage, any leftover meat can be used.
- Broccolli, asparagus, baked beans, red beans, tomatoes diced no juice though,
- The sky is the limit.