I do not remember where I got this recipe but it did not call for the green onion, and I thought it was too bland so I added that. I have cooked this recipe on TV, a station that covers Southeast, KY and Southwest, VA. I was scared to death but it was fun. All except I had to get up at 3 AM to be at the studio at 7 AM.
- Spray with cooking spray and then line an 8x8 baking dish with frozen hash browns.
- Sprinkle hash browns with crumbled sausage or bacon and green onions.
- Mix together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and dry mustard.
- Pour over meat and hash browns.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese.
- Let set in refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour.