1/4 Photos of Sleepy Twisted Sister’s G-N-G Breakfast Ramekin
Potatoes are nearly religious in Iceland. If I put the most extravagant “potato-less” meal ever created in front of Siggi … he scans it, frowns & says “Hmm. No potatoes, huh?” In addition, SusieQusie accuses me (rightly so) of sleeping comfortably while Siggi trots off to work … so I thot I'd "marry" these 2 concepts & devised his now favourite G-N-G (Grab, Nuke & Go) breakfast. (Time doesn't include time spent originally fixing the potatoes or hard-boiling the egg)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly butter 2 ramekins using a pastry brush.
- 2Put 2 ounces flavourful mashed potatoes or seasoned fried potatoes in the bottom of the ramekins. Layer hard-boiled egg you’ve sliced w/your handy-dandy egg slicer over the potatoes, putting half the egg in ea ramekin. Layer ea ramekin w/a ham slice. Top ea ramekin w/1 tbsp grated cheddar cheese & garnish w/chopped fresh chives.
- 3Refrigerate till your DH is ready to G-N-G & train him to be ever so quiet as he nukes his breakfast & leaves for work!
- 4NOTE: I thot the fresh chive garnish was a really nice "extra effort" touch. :-).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sleepy Twisted Sister’s G-N-G Breakfast Ramekin
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.5
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 129.3 mg
- Sodium 443.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 10.7 g