1/6 Photos of Sourdough Pancakes
12 hrs 20 mins
Galley Wench's Note:
This recipe makes delicious light and fluffy pancakes. Note: The amount of milk added to the Pancake Batter will be determined by the thickness of the sourdough starter used in the Basic Batter. I usually have to add an addition tablespoon or two of milk. The finished product should be the consistency of regular pancake batter. Total time includes proofing time for the basic batter. You'll have basic batter leftover so see Sourdough Waffles for additional used
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Basic Batter (Proof the Night Before)
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups lukewarm water (80-85 degrees)
- 1Night Before -- combine all the Basic Batter ingredients (starter, flour, sugar and water in a large glass or plastic container -- be sure the container is large enough that batter does not overflow as it produces caron dioxide and expands.
- 2Allow to sit at room temperature, loosely covered for 6 to 12 hours. (Note: If not using the basic batter right away after proofing, or have some left over, store in a glass or plastic container, cover tightly and refrigerate.).
- 3Next Morning -- in medium bowl, beat egg, milk and butter/oil.
- 4Stir in 1 Cup of Basic Batter.(store the balance in the refrigerator for future use). (See Sourdough Waffles for additional uses).
- 5In a separate bowl, sift or stir flour, sugar, salt and baking soda together; stir into the egg mixture.
- 6Ladle batter on to preheated lightly greased griddle or skillet.
- 7Quickly rotate the pan to spread the batter evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- 8Cook pancakes until golden brown on both sides.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sourdough Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (957 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.9
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 413.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: