1/4 Photos of Southwestern Frittata
This colorful frittata can turn a brunch or light dinner into a fiesta. Tastes great served with potatoes and fruit on the side
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh whole kernel corn or 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1Coat a large (oven usable) skillet with no-stick spray.
- 2Add the butter and melt over medium heat.
- 3Add the onions and red peppers; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- 4Add the corn and jalapeño peppers; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- 5In a small bowl, lightly beat together the eggs, egg whites, cilantro, salt and black pepper.
- 6Add to the pan and swirl to evenly distribute the mixture.
- 7Cook for 5 minutes, gently lifting the egg mixture from the sides of the pan with a spatula as it becomes set.
- 8Cook until the eggs are set on the bottom but still moist on the top.
- 9Remove from the heat.
- 10Broil for 1 minute, or until the top is golden.
- 11Use a spatula to loosen the frittata from the skillet and slide it onto a serving plate.
- 12Cut into wedges to serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.4
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 216.5 mg
- Sodium 300.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 13.3 g