Southern Living; simple and easy
Make and share this Southwestern Omelet recipe from Food.com.
- Mix together eggs, water, and salt.
- Stir in chiles and onion.
- For each omelet, melt 1 T, butter in a heavy skillet until hot enough to sizzle.
- Pour in one-fourth of egg mixture.
- As mixture begins to cook, lift edges of omelet and tilt pan to allow uncooked portion to flow underneath.
- When egg mixture is set and no longer flows freely, sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese over half of omelet.
- Fold omelet in half, and place on a warm platter.
- Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients.
- Serve with taco sauce.
Very good. I liked how water was added instead of milk. I didn't have it with taco sauce, Also I added bacon and sausage to mine. But very good nonetheless.
Easy straight forward omelet that has great flavor. Adding water instead of milk give the omelete a slightly different, pleasing texture. If I say chewy that is too strong an adjective, not spongy but just slightly different. I liked it. I used Jalapeno Gouda for the cheese and added 2 slices crisp real bacon chopped up & pre fried. Thanks Nurse Di for a lovely Sunday Brunch