Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
a DELICIOUS soy smoothie! You dont need to be a vegan to enjoy this. Its delicious, full of protein and essential nutrients, and filling enough to replace a meal.
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry
- 1⁄4 cup of purple grapes
- 1 banana
- 1 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk
- Make sure to rinse all fruit before putting them in the blender!
- I suggest using all FRESH fruits, frozen fruits can loose nutritional values.
- put all ingredients in a blender
- here you can add certain things, for example, I add 2 TBSP's of benefiber, and a TBSP of essential greens powder, and 2 TBSP of an amino acid complex.
- but that is COMPLETELY optional.
- once all the ingredients are in, turn the blender on, and let it run for a good minute to make sure everything is mixed up.
- after the process is done you can drink one shake, and save the other for later on, drink them both, save them both, whatever you want!
- just remember that the fridge life is 4 days, to maintain the best taste, and optimal nutritional values.
I went to a cranberry festival over the weekend and came bag with lots of cranberries, so this was a good recipe to try. It uses a good amount of them, but because of all the other flavors in this drink it's not overwhelming. Very smooth and mellow.
Sort of did a combo of frozen & not ~ Used frozen blueberries & cranberries, but still found some nice fresh strawberries &, of course, the grapes! This GREAT TASTING SMOOTHIE was much appreciated! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
Money is tight and I've been buying fresh fruit the kids like most often. Sp yes, I did use frozen fruit in this. I realize it may not be as healthy as using fresh fruit, but it's certainly healthier than other options! I left off the strawberries but used the rest of the ingredients. Because all my fruit was frozen I needed a little more soymilk (which was plain but I added a dash of vanilla extract). This is not super sweet but has wonderful flavor and gave me lots of energy for a beach day! Thanks.