Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
If you love spinach pie, say no more. It's not just for breakfast, as you can have it anytime. It's best made with fresh spinach, but you could use frozen as well. Spanakopita for dinner? Try Tip's Spanakopita (Spinach Pie)
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 ounces fresh Baby Spinach
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1 ounce neufchatel cheese, in pieces or 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped or 1 tablespoon scallion top, for garnish
- In a medium skillet over moderate heat, melt the butter. Add the green onions, spinach, and dill stirring occasionally, until spinach has wilted.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, cream cheese , feta, dill, and pepper. Pour mixture over the spinach.
- If scrambling the eggs, just stir until you reach desired texture of eggs and serve. Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle with the chives or scallions.
- OPTIONAL OMELETTE: (Make 2) Stir the eggs gently pushing the outer edges inward till the eggs begin to solidify. Leave it be for a minute or two but continue to shake pan a little to keep it loose from the pan.
- When eggs are 2/3 of the way done, carefully 'flip' the pan with a quick jerk. If you don't know how to do that, you can slide the omelette onto a baking sheet and broil the top for a minute to continue cooking.
So good and SO easy!<br/> Left out the feta because of personal preference, but still had wonderful flavor. Nice change from plain ol' scrambled eggs. Thanks, 2Bleu!
Can't even tell you how long ago I saved this recipe and then forgot to try it. So glad I found it again as it's a wonderful and differant way to serve eggs. I used the scrambled just for ease and made just as directed and it was so good just differant enough from our usual to make for a very pleasant change. Next time I'm thinking of adding fresh sliced mushrooms.
Very tasty! I didn't have any dill, but I added a bit of salt, fresh garlic, and a some red bell pepper for color. The cream cheese held the dish together nicely and I loved the feta!