1/2 Photos of Spanakopita Breakfast Eggs
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 ounces fresh Baby Spinach
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1 ounce neufchatel cheese, in pieces or 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped or 1 tablespoon scallion top, for garnish
- 1In a medium skillet over moderate heat, melt the butter. Add the green onions, spinach, and dill stirring occasionally, until spinach has wilted.
- 2In a bowl whisk together the eggs, cream cheese , feta, dill, and pepper. Pour mixture over the spinach.
- 3If scrambling the eggs, just stir until you reach desired texture of eggs and serve. Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle with the chives or scallions.
- 4OPTIONAL OMELETTE: (Make 2) Stir the eggs gently pushing the outer edges inward till the eggs begin to solidify. Leave it be for a minute or two but continue to shake pan a little to keep it loose from the pan.
- 5When eggs are 2/3 of the way done, carefully 'flip' the pan with a quick jerk. If you don't know how to do that, you can slide the omelette onto a baking sheet and broil the top for a minute to continue cooking.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanakopita Breakfast Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.6
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 411.1 mg
- Sodium 455.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 18.0 g