This pretty unusual dish comes from the Hurdes region in Extremadura, Spain. It was originally served to fieldworkers at midday to gather strength through the vitamins and proteins. If you don´t like the taste of pure lemon in your mouth, squeeze the lemons and just use the juice. Enjoy!
- Layer lemon and oranges in a bowl. Place crushed garlic and chorizo on top of fruit.
- Fry the two eggs, leaving the yolk soft and place on top of the oranges and the chorizo.
- Drizzle olive oil and add salt to taste.
- Before you eat, you can cut up everything in the bowl, so that the yolk mixes with the citric juice to make up the dressing.
- Drizzle red wine on the salad. Serve at room temperature.