1/5 Photos of Spanish Lemon Salad (Ensalada De Limón)
This pretty unusual dish comes from the Hurdes region in Extremadura, Spain. It was originally served to fieldworkers at midday to gather strength through the vitamins and proteins. If you don´t like the taste of pure lemon in your mouth, squeeze the lemons and just use the juice. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Layer lemon and oranges in a bowl. Place crushed garlic and chorizo on top of fruit.
- 2Fry the two eggs, leaving the yolk soft and place on top of the oranges and the chorizo.
- 3Drizzle olive oil and add salt to taste.
- 4Before you eat, you can cut up everything in the bowl, so that the yolk mixes with the citric juice to make up the dressing.
- 5Drizzle red wine on the salad. Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Lemon Salad (Ensalada De Limón)
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.5
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 223.4 mg
- Sodium 597.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 18.1 g