1/2 Photos of Spanish Omelet
Sydney Mike's Note:
The recipe for this potato omelet was found online at a site for recipes from Spain.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash & cut potatoes into thin slices.
- 2In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil, then add potatoes & salt.
- 3Fry, stirring occasionally, perhaps about 5 minutes, until potatoes are a golden color, then remove from the skillet & spread out on a paper-towel covered platter so that much of the oil can be removed.
- 4In a large bowl, whisk eggs well, then to them add the potatoes, mixing well.
- 5Using the same skillet as before, cover the bottom of the pan with a thin layer of oil, about 1-2 tablespoons.
- 6Once the oil is hot, add potato & egg mixture, shaking the pan gently as you move the mixture, so that none sticks to the bottom.
- 7Once omelet seems to be cooked, about 10 minutes, use a large plate to tip the omelet out of the skillet. After adding a little more oil to the skillet, slide the omelet in again, this time putting it in top-side down & cooking it until the under-side is also golden.
- 8Serve hot or cold.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.6
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 282.0 mg
- Sodium 296.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 11.4 g