1/4 Photos of Spanish Tortilla
Midwest Maven's Note:
This simple dish can be served as part of tapas or as a light lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a 10 inch non-stick skillet over high heat.
- 2Then lower the heat and add the potatoes, onion, and garic, and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently, until the potatoes are tender.
- 3Beat the eggs in a large bowl, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- 4Using a slotted spoon, transfer the potato mixture to the bowl of eggs.
- 5Pour off the excess oil, reserving 3-4 tbsp of it, and scrape away any crusty bits from the bottom of the pan.
- 6Reheat the pan and add 2 tablespoons of the reserved oil.
- 7Pour in the potato mixture, smoothing it down to make an even layer.
- 8Cook for about 5 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, until the bottom is set.
- 9Shake the pan and use a spatula to loosen the sides of the tortilla.
- 10Place a large plate over the pan, and carefully invert the tortilla onto the plate.
- 11Add about 1 tablespoon of the reserved oil to the pan and swirl around.
- 12Gently slide the tortilla into the pan, cooked side up, and use a spatula to tuck down the sides.
- 13Continue cooking over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, or until set.
- 14Remove the pan from the heat and slide the tortilla onto a serving plate.
- 15Let it cool for at least 5 minutes before cutting.
- 16Can serve hot, warm, or at room temperature with a salad.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Tortilla
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.2
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 78.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 8.5 g