This simple dish can be served as part of tapas or as a light lunch.
Make and share this Spanish Tortilla recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oil in a 10 inch non-stick skillet over high heat.
- Then lower the heat and add the potatoes, onion, and garic, and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently, until the potatoes are tender.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the potato mixture to the bowl of eggs.
- Pour off the excess oil, reserving 3-4 tbsp of it, and scrape away any crusty bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Reheat the pan and add 2 tablespoons of the reserved oil.
- Pour in the potato mixture, smoothing it down to make an even layer.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, until the bottom is set.
- Shake the pan and use a spatula to loosen the sides of the tortilla.
- Place a large plate over the pan, and carefully invert the tortilla onto the plate.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of the reserved oil to the pan and swirl around.
- Gently slide the tortilla into the pan, cooked side up, and use a spatula to tuck down the sides.
- Continue cooking over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, or until set.
- Remove the pan from the heat and slide the tortilla onto a serving plate.
- Let it cool for at least 5 minutes before cutting.
- Can serve hot, warm, or at room temperature with a salad.
I have never met a potato I didn't like and this is no exception! I made it exactly as written and would not change a thing. I used it as a side dish at dinner but kept going back for 'just one more sliver' right up until bedtime. There is none left and I should be ashamed. I'm not - it was delicious! Made for the Bistro Babes - ZWT 8
I skipped right over a key word 'non-stick' skillet and used a stainless steel skillet. The result was far from pretty, but the flavours were still there. I really enjoyed the meal although it looked more like scrambled eggs with potatoes :). I added fresh chives on top and served with sliced tomatoes and salsa. Made by a fellow Bistro Babe for ZWT8
Made exactly as written. I was craving a Spanish tortilla and it fit the bill. Thank you!