1/2 Photos of Spicy Apple Pancake/Fritters
My boyfriend and I came home one night after a long long long day of work and play. We were starving and oh no, there was NOTHING to eat. I had just been on this whole baking kick weeks prior so there was tons of flour and eggs left from it, so I (very tiredly) concocted this. Its so basic you probably have already made it yourself but its so yummy and hit the spot for both of us. You can serve it up with anything. I used crunchy peanut butter and honey on top and my boyfriend used apple custard. Of course you can top with maple syrup or any thing really... be creative. There is one ingredient, I bet that will surprise you. Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 red apple, cut, deseeded, and grated
- 1 eggs or 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup wholemeal flour (for hearty cakes or can use regular flour)
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (I probably used more, I LOVE cinnamon)
- 1 teaspoon sugar substitute (can use regular sugar, I suggest brown)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin (surprise, makes cakes warm)
- 1Mix all ingredients together well.
- 2Use a 1/4 cup to scoop up mix and fry in butter, soy butter, oil, non-stick spray, etc. just like you would a pancake. I used avocado butter, but I live in New Zealand now where everything is avocado.
- 3Keep finished cakes warm in oven on low till all mix is used.
- 4Top with whatever you want. Eat. They go down best when you eat them with someone you love.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Apple Pancake/Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.5
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 53.1 mg
- Sodium 26.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 3.8 g