This is a really garlicious, cheesy recipe that only takes 5-10 minutes prep time
Make and share this Spinach Mushroom Cheesy Quiche recipe from Food.com.
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan, toss spinach until it cooks down.
- Combine fresh garlic, onions, milk, eggs & grated cheese.
- Mix parmesan and garlic powder together (do not combine with other ingredients).
- Spread spinach out in the pie crust.
- Pour egg mixture into crust.
- Arrange mushrooms and feta over the top
- Sprinkle with parmesan/garlic mixture.
- Bake for one hour at 350.
This was delicious! I made it for a birthday brunch for my Mother in law. The feta cheese on it was soooo good. Everyone ate it up and there wasn't a crumb left. I did cut down on the spinach. 3 cups just seemed a little much but I probably did use about 2 cups which filled the bottom perfectly and then I made the mistake of only using half the amount of mushrooms thinking it was a lot but I forgot how much they shrink! I used only 2 cloves of garlic instead of 4 and shredded cheddar instead of grated. I should've made 2 of these because it went so fast and everyone was talking about it the whole meal. Thanks Julia!
Mmmmm! Delicious! Made just two minor changes: I didn't want the garlic to be overpowering so I reduced the garlic powder by half. I also pre-cooked the onion - just until starting to caramelize - before adding the spinach to the pan to cook. Otherwise followed the recipe. The smell during baking was divine - I couldn't wait to dig in! Thanks for the recipe!
This was really good. I sauteed the onions a bit before I added in the spinach. I also used a frozen pie crust, which I baked for about 10 minutes before I put in the filling so that the bottom wouldn't get soggy. I liked the spinach, mushroom, feta combo of flavors.