1 hr 20 mins
R E Taylor's Note:
Real men do eat quiche.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pie crust
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thaw and squeeze out all excess water (important)
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or 1 cup colby-monterey jack cheese
- black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- 2Blind bake pie crust until barely browned and remove from oven.
- 3Melt butter in small saute pan.
- 4Add onions and cook just until translucent.
- 5In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese.
- 6Add eggs, yolks, milk and heavy cream to cream cheese and mix thoroughly.
- 7Add onions, spinach, broccoli, mushrooms and cheese to cream cheese mixture.
- 8Mix thoroughly and season with salt and pepper.
- 9Pour into pie crust and bake for 55-60 minutes.
- 10Cover edges of crust with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning.
- 11Center will be set but slightly jiggly when quiche is done.
- 12Allow to rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach quiche
Serving Size: 1 (1414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3182.8
- Calories from Fat 2389
- Total Fat 265.4 g
- Saturated Fat 138.4 g
- Cholesterol 1382.1 mg
- Sodium 2543.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 125.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.1 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 87.2 g