1/5 Photos of Spring Vegetable Frittata (Low Fat/Low Cal)
This is good and very low in calories, fat and cholesterol -- using egg beaters/egg substitute -- if using real eggs - it equals to about 8 eggs. Recipe source: Ladies Home Journal (April '09)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (I used the thin asparagus)
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 2 cups egg substitute (egg beaters)
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- 2Spray a 2-quart baking pan with Pam (my pan was 13x10).
- 3In a large saucepan over high heat bring 1 inch of water to a boil. Add vegetables (asparagus - onion). Cover and simmer until tender. Drain.
- 4Stir in roasted peppers. Spread vegetable mixture in prepared pan.
- 5Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella.
- 6In a bowl bowl whisk together next 5 ingredients (egg substitute - pepper) and then whisk in the flour.
- 7Pour egg mixture over vegetables.
- 8Bake for 35 minutes or until puffed.
- 9Sprinkle with remaining cheeses and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spring Vegetable Frittata (Low Fat/Low Cal)
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.2
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.9 mg
- Sodium 440.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat mozzarella cheese