1/1 Photo of Strawberry French Toast
Something I make for special occasions. A real breakfast treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add the first 4 ingredients to a bowl; stir until mixture is smooth.
- 2Spread one side of each slice of bread with the cream cheese mixture.
- 3On 4 slices of bread (over the cream cheese), place sliced strawberries evenly.
- 4Top with remaining bread slices, cream cheese side facing down (should make a sandwich); press gently.
- 5In a shallow bowl, add the eggs and milk; stir to mix.
- 6In a large nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter.
- 7Dip sandwiches into the egg mixture, making sure to coat each side.
- 8Place soaked sandwich in skillet and cook until browned on each side; repeat process with each sandwich, adding 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet before each sandwich is cooked.
- 9Right before serving, slice each sandwich diagonally, sprinkle with sifted powder sugar.
- 10Note: keep sandwiches warm on a greased baking sheet in a 200 degree oven while finishing cooking the other sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 595.7
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 252.5 mg
- Sodium 647.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 22.7 g
- Protein 13.9 g