1/1 Photo of Strawberry-Lavender Jam
2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 20 mins
Strawberries and lavender are a wonderful combination. Not only that the jam is tasting great, it has also a great flavor, which fills the air, when you open the glass. Can there be something better than breakfast with such a jam? In this method I use Dr. Oetker's "Gelling Sugar", which already contains pectin. The "Super Gelling Sugar 3:1" reduces the amount of needed sugar to 1/3 of the fruit weight. This makes the jam not so sweet and very fruity and fresh. This jam is best when made with fresh lavender inflorescences while still flowering. I have enough lavender in the garden.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For this recipe you need 1.5 kg cleaned and hulled strawberries.
- 2Cut the strawberries into pieces and put into a suited pot.
- 3Add sugar and lime juice. Mix and let stand for 2 hours.
- 4Bind the lavender sprigs with the inflorescences together. Add to the strawberries.
- 5Bring to a boil over medium high heat stirring all the time.
- 6Let cook for 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Then remove from heat and remove the lavender.
- 7Add 4 tablespoons of orange juice. If you like you can mash now the strawberries as you would like them in your jam.
- 8Fill into twist off preserving jars and close jars. Let stand for 1 minute and then turn up side down. Let stand for 10 minutes and turn over again. Let cool completely.
- 9NOTE on lavender: I use lavender inflorescences while flowering. I cut the leaving about 15cm of the sprig at the inflorescence. If you can't get fresh lavender you can sub it by about 8 teaspoons of dried lavender flowers (but that is a guess).
- 10NOTE on "Dr. Oetker's Super Gelling Sugar 3:1". Dr. Oetker is a well known brand in Germany. There are several gelling sugars available. The "3:1" super gelling sugar already contains pectin and you only need 1/3 of sugar. If you can't get it, you could also use Dr. Oetker's 2:1 super gelling sugar.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry-Lavender Jam
Serving Size: 1 (1590 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.6
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: