Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Use any flavor of fruit preserves you prefer such as strawberry, blueberry or raspberry.
Make and share this Stuffed French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- 16 slices egg bread
- 16 ounces cream cheese, whipped
- 8 ounces fruit preserves (strawberry, blueberry or raspberry)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Spread 8 of the bread slices with cream cheese and the other 8 with preserves.
- Put them together (with the fillings inside).
- Beat the eggs with the cinnamon, salt, sugar and cream and vanilla.
- Dip each "sandwich" in the batter to coat lightly.
- Then, dip in the crushed cornflakes to coat.
- Melt the butter in a skillet or griddle over medium heat and fry the sandwiches until they are golden brown on both sides.
- Add more butter as needed.
- Remove the finished toast to a platter in a warm oven or chafing dish.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired, and serve with more butter and warm maple syrup or fruit sauce.
What a treat for breakfast!!! I made 1/2 of the recipe and used large slices of Italian bread and for the fruit preserves, I used strawberry!! I loved the texture, crunchiness, that the corn flakes added to the bread. DH and 17 yo DS had no problem finishing one of them, but for me I could only eat a little over 1/2, nice and filling!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for PRMR.
This was very good. I didn't have corn flakes so I used another flaky cereal (Honey Bunches of Oats) and it worked fine. I will definetly make this again. Thanks!!
Wow, this was so good Lainey. I loved it, thanks so much for sharing this tasty treat. The challa french toast was incredible, flavorful, crisp, crunchy, tender, rich, creamy and sweet. Paradise for your taste buds, perfect anytime of the day or night. I used Dalmatia Fig Orange Spread instead of fruit preserves. It worked beautifully in this dish.