Use any flavor of fruit preserves you prefer such as strawberry, blueberry or raspberry.
Make and share this Stuffed French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- Spread 8 of the bread slices with cream cheese and the other 8 with preserves.
- Put them together (with the fillings inside).
- Beat the eggs with the cinnamon, salt, sugar and cream and vanilla.
- Dip each "sandwich" in the batter to coat lightly.
- Then, dip in the crushed cornflakes to coat.
- Melt the butter in a skillet or griddle over medium heat and fry the sandwiches until they are golden brown on both sides.
- Add more butter as needed.
- Remove the finished toast to a platter in a warm oven or chafing dish.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired, and serve with more butter and warm maple syrup or fruit sauce.