Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are wonderful sugar-free muffins that are enjoyed by my whole family. For any health concious diet.
- 4 tablespoons light margarine, melted
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 4 ounces plain fat-free yogurt, plain
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute or 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 3⁄4 cups dry quick oats
- 1⁄3 cup millet
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- Mix the first five ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients and raisins.
- Mix well.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until toothpick pulls out clean.
It was a first for me... never had millet before - wasn't too sure I would enjoy... and did!!! :) Couldn't find brown rice flour so used whole wheat flour. Also used maple syrup instead of honey and dried cranberries instead of raisins. These muffins came out moist and tasty - my dbf loved them!! Thanks Annacia!