A savory scone sure to please.
Make and share this Sun-Dried Tomato, Basil and Black Pepper Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, well drained and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- olive oil or melted butter
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Stir together dry ingredients and herbs; first 7 ingredients.
- Blend in butter to look like coarse cornmeal.
- Stir in tomatoes.
- Mix milk with egg; stir into flour mixture until moist.
- Gentily knead 8 to 10 turns; then pat into 6" circle on ungreased baking sheet.
- Cut 8 wedges and separate slightly.
- Bake until golden 15 - 20 minutes.
- Brush with seasoned olive oil or melted butter.