1/4 Photos of Sun-Dried Tomato, Basil and Black Pepper Scones
A savory scone sure to please.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, well drained and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- olive oil or melted butter
- 1Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- 2Stir together dry ingredients and herbs; first 7 ingredients.
- 3Blend in butter to look like coarse cornmeal.
- 4Stir in tomatoes.
- 5Mix milk with egg; stir into flour mixture until moist.
- 6Gentily knead 8 to 10 turns; then pat into 6" circle on ungreased baking sheet.
- 7Cut 8 wedges and separate slightly.
- 8Bake until golden 15 - 20 minutes.
- 9Brush with seasoned olive oil or melted butter.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sun-Dried Tomato, Basil and Black Pepper Scones
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.4
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 65.1 mg
- Sodium 495.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 6.6 g