1/3 Photos of Sunshine Blueberry Muffins
Who doesn't like blueberry muffins? These stay moist with the use of yogurt and the combination of tart lemon zest with the sweet glaze just melt in your mouth. LIghten up the calories with low fat yogurt and Splenda.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 (8 ounce) carton lemon yogurt
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1Preheat oven to 400*.
- 2Line medium muffin pans with paper liners or grease bottoms only.
- 3For batter, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- 4Add blueberries; toss to coat well.
- 5In small bowl, whisk egg and oil; blend in yogurt and 1 teaspoon of the lemon zest.
- 6Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Batter will be lumpy.
- 7Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans, filling each cup 3/4 full.
- 8Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9Cool slightly.
- 10For glaze, combine the remaining lemon zest, powdered sugar and milk in small bowl and mix well.
- 11Drizzle glaze over muffins.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunshine Blueberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.0
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 36.2 mg
- Sodium 286.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of