Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from a girlfriend of mine who has little ones like me and came up with this to make breakfast and dinner easier for her.
- 12 slices bread
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bacon (optional) or 1⁄2 cup ham (optional) or 1⁄2 cup sausage (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup corn (optional)
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- Butter each piece of bread on one side only.
- Place each piece buttered side down into a 12 tin muffin pan. It takes abit of sqishing to get it in there if the bread hangs over it is ok.
- Crack 1 egg into each "pocket" of bread.
- Add desired toppings to each and top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes, this will depend on how crunchy you like your toast and how cooked you like your eggs, might have to go an extra 10 minutes. If you do not like the toast that crunchy make a tin foil tent and place over while baking this will give you a hard poached egg in the center. When cooked take out and cut up with fork. Enjoy!
These little jewels are really good and so easy. My eggs kept overflowing even when I scrambled and poured them into the cups so I could add less....but who cares, they were still very good. I've made these twice alreaydy! Thanks for posting.
We love breakfast and this one is one of our favorites. I make them in custard dishes.
Another hit! My kids raved about it! Especially my picky 6 yo DD who ate 2 cups. I added carrots & peas without corn and used ham then topped it with mozzarella. They especially liked it when I served it with catsup on top. Thanks!