Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
My grandma makes the best Swedish pancakes in the world, and this is her recipe. It's originally from an old Swedish cookbook. Serve with whipped butter and lingonberries if you want the full Swedish effect. Yum!
- Beat eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add salt and sugar, stir well.
- Add the flour and beat well.
- Add milk gradually.
- Melt butter in skillet, medium heat and add batter. Pancakes should be much thinner than normal American style. Flip to cook both sides.
- Pancakes will be brown (from the butter) in spots when they are done.
The instructions were un-detailed and my result was slimy and gross :-(
Swedish Pancakes are a tradition for New Year's day brunch in this house. I serve them with sour cream & Blueberries or strawberries and my favorite way is simply with butter and a sprinkle of sugar (this is the true way to have them). Of course being a Swedish recipe Lingonberries are a must too! Your recipe is just right Annacia thanks for posting it. Can you see the smile on my face from the enjoyment of eating these?