Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Kids love this sweet bread flavored with Chinese Five Spice! Serve it for morning toast and you won't have to beg the kids to eat breakfast anymore. Use it for French Toast and you have the beginings of a gourmet lunch! From Electric Bread.
- Combine in your machine according to your manufacturer's directions.
- Success Hints: Add orange extract with water, away from yeast.
- This is a great"beginner bread" for kids to make.
- It's deceptively simple and everyone loves it!
- Top this bread with the sweet Guava-Raisin Spread (see recipe I posted) for a real dessert treat!
- This recipe can be made using the regular, rapid and delayed time bake cycles.
Wow, great bread, made it just like the recipe said, Nice big loaf, nice color and texture. Just happen to have everything on hand. Makes great toast, Will be making french toast out of some of it. Bev, Thank you for another delicious recipe.
i didn't have orange extract so i used vanilla, and i didn't have cashews so i used walnuts. just delicious! nice brown color, great taste. and if there's any left for french toast tomorrow i'll lyk how it turns out:)
I love Chinese Five Spice, and welcomed this different way of using it....it was delicious!