This is from one of my favorite cookbooks by "KCTS Cooks" a local TV station. This one is called "Favorite Recipes" and it is from a local viewer here in Gig Harbor, Washington. Marti says it is always a big hit and for variations she has used coconut pudding with rum and coconut extract. I haven't made it yet but there is no yeast needed and I'm yeast challenged. :) Cooking time does not include overnight rising.
- 1 cup almonds, chopped and divided
- 14 Rhodes frozen rolls
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup triple sec, Grand Marnier (or liqueur of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisins or 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix (not diet)
- Spray your favorite Bundt pan with nonstick spray, and sprinkle with 1/2 cup chopped almonds or nuts of your choice.
- Place about 14 frozen Rhodes bread dough rolls on top.
- In a bowl mix melted butter, Triple Sec, orange rind, cinnamon, brown sugar, salt, vanilla, another 1/2 cup chipped toasted almonds and golden raisins.
- Pour over the frozen rolls.
- Finally sprinkle butterscotch pudding over the top and let rise overnight.
- In the morning preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for about 40 minutes. Cover with foil the last few minutes if browning too quickly.
- Invert to serve.