1/1 Photo of Toad in the Hole
Savoury, spicy, British breakfast dish. I doubt that you have eaten sausage prepared in this fashion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 425 (220 C/ Gas 7).
- 2Place butter and sausages in a 10" x 12" roasting pan.
- 3Cook for 10 minutes, or until they are done to your liking.
- 4Sift the flour into a bowl.
- 5Break in the egg.
- 6Gradually add half the milk, beating to form a smooth batter.
- 7Pour in the remaining milk and beat until quite smooth.
- 8Alternatively, add the flour, milk and egg to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- 9Pour the batter into the roasting pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, until the batter is well risen and golden.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toad in the Hole
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 584.0
- Calories from Fat 383
- Total Fat 42.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 144.5 mg
- Sodium 1129.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 20.6 g