1/1 Photo of Tortilla a La Mexicana
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Poach the chicken breast in water or chicken stock for 10 minutes.
- 2Cool and cut into cubes.
- 3Place the tomato and chili powder in a blender and blend until is forms a smooth puree.
- 4Heat 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of the butter in a skillet and cook the puree over moderate heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 5Add the chicken cubes and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 6Beat the eggs with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Heat the remaining tablespoon of butter in an omelet pan over high heat until the butter foams.
- 8Pour in the beaten eggs and stir rapidly with the back of a fork until the eggs are cooked but still soft and moist.
- 9Add the chicken mixture and tip the pan to roll the omelet over the filling, using the fork to assist.
- 10Roll out of the pan onto a warm serving platter.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortilla a La Mexicana
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.8
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 470.7 mg
- Sodium 271.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 23.5 g