- Poach the chicken breast in water or chicken stock for 10 minutes.
- Cool and cut into cubes.
- Place the tomato and chili powder in a blender and blend until is forms a smooth puree.
- Heat 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of the butter in a skillet and cook the puree over moderate heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the chicken cubes and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Beat the eggs with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of butter in an omelet pan over high heat until the butter foams.
- Pour in the beaten eggs and stir rapidly with the back of a fork until the eggs are cooked but still soft and moist.
- Add the chicken mixture and tip the pan to roll the omelet over the filling, using the fork to assist.
- Roll out of the pan onto a warm serving platter.
This made a perfect brunch for DH and I. I reduced the amount of chili powder and used a chipotle seasoning blend to bring up the heat. Served this with a side of breakfast potatoes and toasted english muffin.