1/3 Photos of Tortilla De Patatas -- Potato Omelet (Spain)
1 hr 10 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe comes from the 2002 cookbook, Mediterranean Street Food, & it makes one of the most common, yet one of the tastiest of Spanish omelets. This omelet will serve 4-6 as an appetizer, or just 2 as a main course. Preparation time does not include the chopping or dicing of the vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In an 8 1/2-inch skillet, put the oil & place over medium-low heat. When oil is hot, add potatoes & cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2Add onion & cook another 20-30 minutes, or until the potatoes & onion are completely done & lightly golden.
- 3Pour excess oil into a small bowl & set aside.
- 4Put vegetables in a larger bowl, then pour the beaten eggs over the veggies, season to taste with salt & pepper & stir carefully to combine.
- 5WIPE THE SKILLET CLEAN, then pour the reserved oil back into the skillet. Place over medium heat &, when oil is hot, pour the egg-&-vegetable mixture into it.
- 6Shake the pan to spread this mixture evenly & cook for 7-10 minutes, or until the bottom is golden.
- 7Carefully slide a spatula along the sides & underneath the omelet to make sure it is not sticking, then place a plate over the pan. Hold it tightly with one hand & turn the pan over with the other hand. Then slide the tortilla back into the pan & cook for another 3-5 minutes, or until the bottom is set but the inside still slightly moist.
- 8Serve warm or at room temperature & enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortilla De Patatas -- Potato Omelet (Spain)
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 567.4
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 423.0 mg
- Sodium 232.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 17.3 g